Romano's Macaroni Grill Fonduta Gamberi Recipe
FONDUTA GAMBERI - creamy dip with shrimp, artichoke hearts and spinach. Wood-roasted with Parmesan and mozzarella cheese, served with garlic peasant bread
- 2 cups Half-and-Half
- 1 tablespoon Clam Juice
- 2 tablespoons dry White Wine
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 4 cups rough chopped Spinach
- 1 cup canned Artichoke Hearts, chopped
- 8 large Shrimp, peeled, cleaned and chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (or more to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine half-and-half, clam juice and white wine.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter. Add shallots and saute until translucent. Add flour to butter mixture, stirring until flour is absorbed.
- Cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes. Add heated half-and-half mixture all at once to the shallot mix, stirring constantly with a wire whip to remove any lumps.
- Add spinach, artichokes, shrimp, cayenne and black pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, so the mixture does not scorch.
- Remove mixture from heat, and stir in cheese, if desired. Pour dip into bowl and serve hot.
If You Like this Recipe -- Get More Secret Recipes from Romano's Macaroni Grill...
...and All of Your Favorite Restaurants like:
Standing in Romano’s Macaroni Grill Fonduta Gamberi (and doing a bang-up job!) is Artichoke Dip by Erik Sagen - http://www.kartooner.com/ - and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License.