Olive Garden Baked Stuffed Artichokes with Focaccia RecipeIngredients
Artichokes & Stock
- 2 fresh Artichokes
- 1 fresh Lemons, cut in half
- 1 small Onion, roughly chopped
- 8 cups Water
- 4 cups White Wine
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 4 Peppercorns, black
- 6 tablespoons Fontina Cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Butter, salted
- 1 cup Onion, small diced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh Garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Basil, fresh chopped (1/4 tsp dry)
- 1/2 cup Plum Tomatos, diced, remove jelly and seeds
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/4 cup Foccacia Bread, small diced
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 2 teaspoon Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pinch Black Pepper
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- USE scissors to snip off sharp points of each artichoke leaf.
- COMBINE lemon halves, chopped onion, water, wine, bay leaf and peppercorns in a stock pot. Bring to a boil; add artichokes.
- SIMMER until artichokes are tender, about 10-15 minutes. Remove pot from heat and allow artichokes to cool in stock.
- MELT butter in a medium saucepan. Add remaining onions and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and let cool.
- CUT cooled artichokes in half, lengthwise, exposing inner leaves.
- SCOOP out center prickly leaves with a teaspoon, leaving the choke (heart) intact. Place stuffing in the hollowed-out artichoke.
- TOP with cheeses and bake at 350ºF until center is hot (about 20 minutes).
If You Like this Recipe -- Get More Secret Recipes from Olive Garden...
...and All of Your Favorite Restaurants like:
Photo of Stuffed Artichokes is by Joy and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License.