Olive Garden Stuffed Chicken Marsala RecipeIngredients
- 1/2 cup smoked shredded Cheese (Provolone or Gouda)
- 8-ounce package Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon fresh Garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoon Sun-Dried Tomato Flakes (drain first if in oil)
- 1/3 cup Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream (6 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 small Onion, cut in half and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 24 fluid ounces Marsala Wine
- 8 fluid ounces Heavy Cream
- 2 small containers Button Mushrooms, thinly sliced (6 cups)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless Chicken Breasts
- 4 fluid ounces Olive Oil
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- COMBINE all cheese stuffing ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- BUTTERFLY thickest section of chicken breasts to create 2 lobes. Pound each breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap until ¼” - ½” thick.
- PLACE flattened chicken breasts on a plate and place desired amount of stuffing on one lobe of each chicken breast. Gently press stuffing down so it resembles a hockey puck.
- FOLD over other lobe of chicken breast; does not have to seal.
- HEAT large sauté pan over medium heat.
- ADD olive oil and heat until shimmering.
- PLACE flour in a shallow pan and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- DREDGE stuffed chicken breasts in flour, shaking off excess.
- SAUTE chicken breasts with preheated oil, cooking until each side is golden brown.
- REMOVE chicken from pan and place in a baking dish.
- BAKE for 10-20 minutes, or until juices run clean and center of chicken reaches 165°F.
- ADD onions to sauté pan, and stir to loosen chicken drippings. After 2 minutes, add mushrooms and sauté until onions are translucent.
- DEGLAZE pan with Marsala wine – make sure to incorporate drippings from bottom of pan.
- HEAT wine to a simmer and add heavy cream. Simmer on low heat until reduced by half.
- PLACE cooked chicken breasts on a plate and top each with onions, mushrooms and sauce.
- SERVE with your favorite garlic mashed potato recipe.
Photo of Olive Garden Stuffed Chicken Marsala is by Mark.