Romano's Macaroni Grill Pasta Milano Recipe
Here is one of my all time favorite restaurant dishes for you.
I love to go to Romano’s Macaroni Grill. I love the smell of the open fire grill as I open the front door, the sound of the singing waiters as I set down at my table, and all of the food that they bring me.
Unfortunately for me, that is ALWAYS the same dish. You see on my very first visit I tried the Pasta Milano and fell so deeply in love with it that I have not been able to order anything else. I try. It all looks so good. From the brick-oven-cooked BBQ Chicken Pizza and the Penne Rustica to the Seafood Linguine, from the Chicken Portobello to the Honey Balsamic Chicken I am dying to try it all.
And I make good plans to do so. I pour over the menu finally picking out Grilled Salmon or Chicken Marsala. I can already taste it.
But as soon as the waiter approaches — Bam! I point to the Pasta Milano. Oh well, at least I do always enjoy my dinner.
But recently I found something that should make my next trip a surprise to my friends. I found a recipe and started making the dish at home for myself. It is just as good at my home as it is at Romano’s (though I do miss the singing waiters).
Thanks to this secret copycat restaurant recipe my next trip — and yours – to Romano’s Macaroni Grill ought to follow a different script. We are now free to look over the wonderful menu and order one of the other dishes we have so often craved. I can hardly wait!
Should I get Chicken & Shrimp Scaloppine or Honey Balsamic Chicken or Sicilian Pizza…or…
Macaroni Grill’s Pasta Milano Copycat Recipe
- 6 ounces Butter
- 18 ounces grilled Chicken, sliced
- 12 ounces Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 12 ounces Mushrooms, sliced
- 6 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan Cheese
- 36 ounces Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce (recipe follows)
- 36 ounces Bow Tie Pasta
- Cook the pasta as directed on package.
- Sauté butter and mushrooms about 30 seconds.
- Add the roasted garlic cream sauce and Parmesan; heat thoroughly.
- Drain pasta.
- Add pasta to the sauté pan and mix well.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese
- Serve and Enjoy.
- Sing Italian Love Songs (Optional)
Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped Garlic
- Dash Salt & Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Beef Base or 1 Beef Bouillon Cube
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- In a small saucepan, saute garlic in a small amount of butter until soft but not brown, about a minute.
- Add the heavy cream, bring to a simmer.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste
- Let the sauce simmer, reduce and become thicker, about 10 minutes.
If You Like this Recipe -- Get More Secret Recipes from Romano's Macaroni Grill...
...and All of Your Favorite Restaurants like:
Photo of Chicken Milano is by isthisREALLYmylife? - Emily Hill - Visit Emily's website here - http://www.isthisreallymylife.com/ and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License.