Olive Garden Bread Sticks RecipeIngredients
For the Dough
- 1 package Active Dry Yeast
- 4 1/4 cups all-purpose Flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon fine Salt
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Pinch of dried Oregano
Make the Dough
- Place 1/4 cup warm water in the bowl of a mixer; sprinkle in the yeast and set aside until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour, butter, sugar, fine salt and 1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons warm water; mix with the paddle attachment until a slightly sticky dough forms, 5 minutes.
- Knead the dough by hand on a floured surface until very smooth and soft, 3 minutes. Roll into a 2-foot-long log; cut into 16 1 1/2-inch-long pieces. Knead each piece slightly and shape into a 7-inch-long breadstick; arrange 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Cover with a cloth; let rise in a warm spot until almost doubled, about 45 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Make the Topping and Bake
- Brush the breadsticks with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the butter and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt with the garlic powder and oregano.
- Brush the warm breadsticks with the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter and sprinkle with the flavored salt.
If You Like this Recipe -- Get More Secret Recipes from Olive Garden...
...and All of Your Favorite Restaurants like:
Photo of Olive Garden Bread Sticks is by boxer_bob and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License.