Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup is really quite easy to make at home. You can make some for dinner tonight or for your next party. Our Olive Garden Recipe for their Chicken Gnocchi Soup tastes just like the real thing.
Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Oil
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 4 tablespoons Flour
- 3 cups Half and Half
- 1/2 cup Celery, finely diced
- 1 cup Onion, finely diced
- 2 minced Garlic Cloves
- 2 14 ounce cans of Chicken Broth (If you enjoy thick soup, use only one can)
- 1 cup Carrots, finely shredded
- 2 cup Chicken Breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 pound (16oz) package Gnocchi, cooked (you can find these in gourmet/pasta section of the grocery store)
- 1 cup of fresh Spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- In a medium to large pot saute the onion, celery, and garlic in the butter and olive oil over medium heat until the onion becomes translucent.
- Sprinkle in the flour into the pot to make a roux. Let the butter and flour mixture cook for about a 2-3 minutes
- Add the half and half slowly while whisking constantly. Add in the carrots, seasoning and chicken.
- While the cream mixture is coming up to a simmer, cook gnocchi according to package directions.
- Once the mixture becomes thick, add the chicken broth.
- Once the mixture thickens again, add the cooked gnocchi, and spinach; simmer until soup is heated through.
- Before serving season to taste by adding additional salt.
If You Like this Recipe -- Get More Secret Recipes from Olive Garden...
...and All of Your Favorite Restaurants like:
Photo of Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup is by Albert Lynn - http://istargazer.blogspot.com/ - and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License.